A lack of access to basic necessities like education, nutrition and health care are the leading reasons behind these statistics. You, however, have the power to change this equation! When you sponsor a child for just ₹1000, you give them the resources needed to survive and empower them with access to basic necessities, thus helping them to raise the standard of living for his/her families and communities.
The Start of Something SpecialPlan India’s child sponsorship programme encourages you to build a personal connection with your sponsored child. As part of the package, you will receive:
- A welcome pack, with photos and a profile of the child you’re sponsoring and his/her community
- A letter or drawing from your sponsored child, to which, you have the opportunity to correspond with as well
- An annual update on the progress the sponsored child and his/her community are making along with information on the activities Plan India is supporting in the community
- An annual tax receipt and an opportunity to communicate with your child and visit his/her village
Mamta, Scaling to Heights of BraveryLife was always an uphill battle for Mamta. Living in the remote village of Bhankoli, Uttarkashi, she lost her father at the tender age of 11 and since then has been caring tirelessly for her ailing mother. Tucked away in the hills, the prospect of her living a fulfilled life were bleak to say the least. It was in 1997 when she was just six years old, that Mamta became associated with Plan India as a sponsored child. This was her opportunity for a better life and she grabbed it enthusiastically. After completing her education and with Plan India’s support, she enrolled in a mountaineering course at the prestigious Nehru Institute of Mountaineering (NIM) and was also employed as an instructor later. Till date, she has successfully conducted more than 50 training courses and has also helped a special needs girl to successfully summit Mount Everest. Undoubtedly though, it was her bravery shown during the 2013 flash floods that makes Mamta stand out. While leading a group of 40 children as part of a mountaineering course, disaster struck. A flash flood hit the area putting the lives of all in severe danger. Mamta used all her knowledge and experience to courageously guide her group to safety. Even more remarkable, during the disaster, she was able to lend support to a further 5,000 people by relocating them to safer areas. For her remarkable bravery, she was awarded by Star Plus with Mr. Amitabh Bachchan personally felicitating her on the “Aaj ki Raat Hai Zindagi” programme.
The Power of Your SponsorshipYour donations will fund life-changing projects in your sponsored child’s community – projects that will help children access their basic rights. You can help secure the life of a child and gift a future to them and their family. DONATE NOW When you donate INR 12,000 for 1 year, you become a sponsor. You are helping to break the cycle of poverty for a child, their family and community, creating a lasting and positive impact in their lives. This is your chance to change the life of a child!
Did you know?India is home to more than 400 million children, the highest in the world. Millions of these children do not have access to their rights.
- On average, almost 2 million children die annually before they reach the age of 5 years
- 79% of children under 3 years suffer from anaemia
- There are over 12 million child labourers
- Nearly 18 million adolescents are out of school