Job title:Project Lead – UNFPA Grant Projects
Reporting:Sr. Program Manager – Grants
Contract Duration:Till 31st Dec’22 (extendable based on project extension)
Level Of Contact With Children: 2 (Occasional contact with children)The position holder shall be responsible to adhere & work within the ambit of Plan India’s
Child Protection & Gender Equality Policies
ABOUT PLAN INDIA
Plan India is a nationally registered not for profit organisation striving to advance children’s rights and equality for girls, thus creating a lasting impact in the lives of vulnerable and excluded children and their communities. Since 1979, Plan India and its partners have improved the lives of millions of children and young people by enabling them access to protection, quality education and healthcare services, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decisions which affect their lives. Plan India currently works directly with communities, government, donors and other civil society members and groups in 14 states across 19,000+ communities in 5,500 villages/ slums and has touched the lives of 1.9+ million children, out of which over a million are girls. Plan India is a member of the Plan International Federation, an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is actively working in more than 70 countries.
Plan India has received a grant from UNFPA, India to implement a project on SRHR “Advancing Sexual and Reproductive Rights of Young Dalits towards Diversifying, Integrating and Strengthening Institutional Systems”. The pilot project was initiated in the aspirational district of Sheikhpura to demonstrate the working models on generating demand for FP from a rights perspective for the young Dalit population, and innovate solutions to cater to the increased demand.
In the due course the gender and migration project “Addressing gender based vulnerabilities in Migration through institutional strengthening of Panchayats “ was also awarded in the third quarter of 2020 and since then the project is successfully being implemented in Sheikhpura district.
Presently Plan India is implementing the following 2 projects in Bihar, with grant support of UNFPA
- “Advancing Sexual and Reproductive Rights of Young Dalits towards Diversifying, Integrating and Strengthening Institutional Systems”,
- “Addressing gender based vulnerabilities in Migration through institutional strengthening of Panchayats.
Dimensions of Role
- Overall Management of the existing UNFPA supported grant projects in Bihar, and any additional grant projects being supported by UNFPA in the coming time;
- Managing programmatic relationship with donor to ensure donor compliances as agreed in FAD;
- Nodal point for Project related engagement with Resource Mobilization team and project’s sharing with senior management, Plan India;
- To ensure that UNFPA supported grant projects meet Plan’s corporate standards in the operations and implementation of the project;
- Ensuring the liaisoning with the State and district departments of Health and Family Welfare in Bihar;
- Ensure policy compliance as per Plan India’s standards;
- Documentation of best practices from the projects.
- To prepare the Annual Plan of action, budget outlay, fund forecast, and fund flow of the approved projects, preparing the Project Outline ( PO) of the project, and maintain them as per the systemic requirements;
- Ensure the quality implementation of the project in a timely manner and as per the Plan’s corporate standards;
- To ensure the partner management of the NGO partner engaged in the project, which includes the overall management of the Project implementation by the partner, ensuring timely funds are disbursed to the partner, funds being timely and effective utilized with quality implementation, ensuring the project reporting being ensured and per the agreement clauses, Monitoring of the field implementation by the partner;
- To Provide overall technical and operational support to the project under implementation;
- To ensure the Supportive supervision of the Project team involved for the Implementation of the project;
- To facilitate the capacity building and knowledge based support to the project implementation team to enhance their skills and understanding to contribute effectively;
- Ensure the program and financial quality, fund forecast, and Work Plan Progress report are timely submitted to the donor. Also, adhere to other reporting requirements as per the donor requirement;
- To support the grant team, in complying with the donor’s agreements requirements related to partnership, implementation, reporting, and any other statutory requirement;
- To anchor and facilitate the annual and half-yearly review meetings of the project for providing technical guidance and review in-line with annual plans and M&E indicators and outputs;
- To ensure required support to HR for recruitment of the above-mentioned grant positions.
- The Annual Plan of action, budget outlay, fund forecast and fund flow of the approved projects, Project Outline ( PO) of the project being developed on time, and ensured the other necessary system requirements are done on time;
- Ensure the partnership being initiated in time, partnership agreement as per the approved plan and budget, timely fund transfer, and liquidation after utilization being ensured. The partners’ reporting requirements have adhered;
- Capacity building and knowledge building sessions are organized for the team members and partners field team on regular basis;
- The project implementation is ensured in an effective and timely manner – The approved project activities are executed as per the time frame and the budget expenditure is ensured as per the approved budget lines and time period;
- Ensured Supportive supervision of the Project team– Organizing regular review meetings for supportive supervision and handholding, ensuring regular field visits to the project areas;
- Ensured the departmental coordination with state and district convergence departments being ensured ( Department of Health and Family Welfare, Department of Social Welfare, State Health Society Bihar);
- Best practices from project implementation are identified and documented for the organizational learning process through sharing within the project in Plan and with external stakeholders;
- Ensured that the approved grant project positions are filled in time and the vacant positions be filled, at the shortest possible time (Supporting role to HR).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post-Graduation in Social Work or public health domain;
- 7 to 10 years of experience in project coordination, project management, or consulting preferably with NGOs working with international development organizations, of which should be at a managerial level managing large projects to successful completion;
- Previous experience in managing a team;
- Have command in managing Programmes with the capability of training and development of staff;
- Hands on experience of independently monitoring, managing, and reporting the project initiatives;
- Excellent communication skills especially with external stakeholders such as local authorities;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: 50% of the total time
COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT
The plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your updated resume along with a suitability note (single Word document only) for the “Project Lead – UNFPA – Bihar” position at email@example.com. Please mention “Project Lead – UNFPA-Bihar” in the subject line. The last date for sending applications is 13th August 2022. Please mention your current salary and expectations along with your applications. Applications without this information will not be accepted.
Considering the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the HR Team.