Reporting to: Manager Program Communication
Department: Marketing & Communication
Location: New Delhi
Contract Duration: Three years
Level Of Contact With Children: 2 – Sporadic or Occasional contact with Children
The position holder shall be responsible to adhere & work within the ambit of Plan India’s Child Protection & Gender Equality Policies.
Travel Requirements: 10-20% of total time.
About Plan India
Plan India is a nationally registered not for profit organization striving to advance children’s rights and equality for girls, thus creating a lasting impact in the lives of vulnerable and excluded children and their communities. Since 1979, Plan India and its partners have improved the lives of millions of children and young people by enabling them access to protection, quality education and healthcare services, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decisions which affect their lives.
Plan India is a member of the Plan International Federation, an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is active in more than 70 countries.
- Driving the annual content plan in line with the marketing and communications strategy 2020
- Conceptualise, research, curate and develop diverse, engaging and effective written and visual communications products
- Coordinating with internal stakeholder’s such as Plan India staff and partner NGOs for sourcing of content and data for products such as annual report, newsletter, website etc.
- Coordinating with external stakeholders such as creative agency, filmmakers, documentation experts and consultants etc, for production of high-quality content creation including success stories, human interest stories, photo essays, project documentation, audio-visuals, etc.
- Facilitate editing, translation, printing and dissemination of communication material among internal and external stakeholders
- Capture, process and share production-quality photographs and video as required to support communications materials
- Analyse data and feedback to track and measure the impact of our communications and activities and recommend improvements
- Contribute to strengthened brand positioning and visibility across engagement platforms
- Coordinate the internal brand audit processes
- Coordinate external brand audit processes
- Review documents and creatives from brand compliance perspective ensuring Plan India staff and partner organisations are adhering to Plan India’s brand guidelines
- Ensure all publications and collateral meet Plan India’s brand guidelines
- Ensure brand updates are shared with Plan India staff on a timely basis
- Organise brand training sessions with Plan India staff and partner organisations
- Master’s degree in Communications/Journalism/English Literature
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience working in the development sector with focus on child and gender rights
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills is highly desirable
- Possessing journalistic skills will be an added advantage
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English. Fluency in Hindi will be an advantage. Additional knowledge of other Indian languages will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Powerpoint and MS Publisher is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with high levels of cultural and gender sensitivity
- Ability to meet deadlines and fulfil urgent requests when needed
- Strong character traits including self-motivation, emotional adaptability, honesty and willingness to travel are essential
COMPENSATION & EMPLOYMENT:
Plan India is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
HOW TO APPLY? :
Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note in one file (Word Format only) for the position of “Communication Coordinator” at email@example.com. Please mention “Communication Coordinator” in the subject line.
Last date for sending applications is 21st Mar, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information, please visit our websitewww.planindia.org