Plan India established the Plan India Impact Awards in 2017 to recognise the unwavering contributions of the last mile champions. Across its three editions, the Awards have nationally celebrated outstanding functionaries, provided the impetus to continue their efforts, and reinforced their best practices in the field.
In 2021, the scale and scope of the Awards has been further widened and is now open to all community frontline workers and volunteers who work tirelessly in their own communities and beyond to encourage greater participation across the country. This has been done to recognize their exemplary contributions and document best practices from the field, to bolster the exceptional performers and existing programmes in the pursuit of their life-changing efforts.
The last date of filling the nominations is 12 May while the awards will be announced in an online ceremony on 23 June, 2021.
List of Categories for 2021
Category 1: Best Anganwadi Worker
Category 2: Best Accredited Social Health Activist/Auxiliary Nurse Midwife
Category 3: Best Child Welfare Committee
Category 4: Best Young Changemaker (Male)
Category 5: Best Young Changemaker (Female)
Category 6: Best Community Volunteer (including COVID Warrior)
Category 7: Best Women’s Self Help Group
Category 8: Special Award – Last Mile Champion for Girls Rights
Category 9: Best Plan India Frontline Worker (Samgra Bal Vikas Mitras) and Other Project level Frontline Worker
Category 10: Best Plan India Ahana Prerak
About the nomination form
The form is divided into 4 sections with all sections being mandatory. Please bear in mind that only one nomination can be filled per application form. The nomination form is structured as below:-
- Section 1- Award Category and Eligibility Criteria – Please tick the appropriate award category (box).
- Section 2- General Information – Please provide details of nominee and nominator in (box).
- Section 3- Qualitative Parameters – Please provide elaborative descriptions with examples from actual situations and achievements, keeping in mind the three I’s (please refer to the three ‘I’s table for details). Details pertaining to each award category are available for reference in the respective Category Guidelines.
- In Section 4- Declaration – The nominator must agree on the statement of declaration.
Key information for filing the nomination form
- Please nominate and fill the form on the basis of work undertaken in the past one year (i.e. 1st January 2020, to 31st December 2020).
- Name and designation should be filled in all the nomination forms.
- All the forms to be submitted by 12th of May 2021.
- Entries will be accepted in English only.
- The attachments in other languages should be translated in form of a short brief and should be submitted in a PDF format.
- All nominations need to meet the defined eligibility criteria.
- Winners from the past 2 years are not eligible for the Plan India Impact Awards 2021.