The operational area covers 170 villages of 101 Gram Panchayats. The population of operational area is around 76,000 including around 30,000 children below the age of 18 years.
- Formation of 101 Village CPCs as envisaged in ICPS. SBMA is also running national child helpline known as ChildLine service. A total number of 36 (17 male and 19 female) child abuse cases have been reported under ChildLine by committees and children.
- Orientation workshops on different child protection issues for CWCs, JJBs, Special Juvenile Police Unit and officers of other concerned departments.
- In 2014, a total of 3,908 children (1,989 boys and 1,919 girls) between the age group of 0-3 years and 3,207 children (1,590 boys and 1,617 girls) between the age group of 3-6 years benefited through different services of ECCD in 164 pre-schools.
- A total number of 2,927 children (1,522 girls and 1,405 boys) of the age group of 0-6 years were identified as vulnerable for malnourishment and subsequent health check-ups. Out of the total, 357 (232 girls and 125 boys) were diagnosed as malnourished and all of them were given adequate treatment.
- A total number of 28 pre-schools were developed as model anganwadis. In these model anganwadis, 100% enrolment of children of the age group of 3-6 years is ensured. The teachers of these anganwadis are trained on preparing low cost teaching learning material from locally available material.
- 100% children of the targeted villages are in schools and there has been no school dropouts reported.
- Children of disaster affected families were provided with school kits.
- Birth preparedness and complication readiness plan was prepared for around 1,037 mothers out of this 78% delivery was ensured in a health institution.
- More than 90% children are fully immunised in the working area.
- In 2014, seven schools were declared as open defecation free schools. All the children are using toilets and urinal facilities. 5,026 children (2,210 girls and 2,816 boys) of 210 schools have been educated on hygiene.
- During the visit to schools, it was observed that all the children were washing their hands before and after mid-day meals and also after using the toilets.
- 544 families have constructed their own toilets. Out of this, 244 families were supported by Plan.
- A total number of 203 SHGs were organised in which 2,922 women are member's from 107 villages. Out of this, 1,483 have benefited from inter-loaning. The loan is used by the members for income generating activities in most of the cases and in some cases for meeting basic needs.
- Plan India's Uttarkashi Programme Unit (PU) organised the first Bal Vidhansabha jointly with State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) in which children from all 13 districts participated.
- A total number of 25 schools of the working areas are covered under the disaster recovery programme. Under the programme, activities like reconstruction and repairing of damaged school building, repair maintenance of footpath, waterline, protection wall, etc. was done with the close participation of SMCs.
- The PVA exercise was conducted in 38 schools with the active participation of children and community members. Subsequently, a community Disaster Risk Management (DRM) plan was prepared in each community.