Uttam Nagar, Dwarka
Dwarka is one of the new emerging areas in West Delhi. The projects by Alamb (local NGO partner) have been undertaken in southwest and west Delhi districts with the guidance and cooperation of Plan India. Health, education, livelihood, shelter are among the major sectors of intervention of the longitudinal developmental project. Presently, Alamb is working in Dwarka Sector 15 and 16A, Krishna Colony (Transit Camp Hastsal) and Shiv Vihar. The total number of households is 8,295 with a population of 25,655.
- A total of 923 births were registered in the intervention area.
- 12 schools have declared themselves violence free under National Commission for the Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) guidelines.
- 318 women in the intervention area now have access to financial services, 3,262 households now avail government food security schemes.
- SMCs have been formed in 12 schools as per RTE Act-2009.
- Two child friendly classrooms have been constructed in Kakrola and Shiv Vihar Schools.
- 7,823 families have stopped the practice of open defecation and 7,947 household having access to adequate quantities of potable drinking water facility.
- Alamb has formed 33 children, 32 adolescent, 32 youth clubs and 32 women group and to monitor essential services in their communities.
- 2 media clubs comprising of 14 children members (6 boys and 8 girls) monitor essential services in their communities by doing social audits and sharing the reports with appropriate agencies.
- 20 volunteers have been trained on disaster preparedness and first aid for emergency response during a disaster.
- 35 mothers groups have been formed in 35 AWCs and they have conducted regular meetings to promote the institutional and safe delivery.
- 700 children have been mainstreamed in formal education system with the number of girls being 476.
- 12 SMCs have been formed to monitor the essential activities and services in 12 schools