Rangpuri Pahari Mahipalpur
Rangpuri Pahari is described as the area west of Vasant Kunj in South Delhi. Stone quarrying in the area started in the ‘50s. Contractors ‘settled’ workers in various places. A set of community members opted to live close to the main Mehrauli-Mahipalpur road and thus came about the settlement of Rangpuri Pahari Malakpur Kohi. From the people who opted to live closer to the quarries further south, came about the settlement of Rangpuri Pahari Nala. Muslim families opted to live separately in a settlement north across the road and thus came about the settlement of Rangpuri Pahari Sarak Paar.
- has formed 19 children, 16 adolescent and 29 youth clubs comprising of 1,141 members to monitor essential services in their communities.
- One media club comprising of 14 children members monitor essential services in their communities by doing social audits and sharing the reports with appropriate agencies.
- 20 volunteers have been trained on disaster preparedness and first aid for emergency response during a disaster
- 21 mothers groups have been formed in 6 AWCs and they have conducted regular meetings to promote institutional and safe delivery.
- 29 SHGs comprising of 376 women have been formed in the intervention area.
- 502 children have been mainstreamed in the formal education system with the number of girls being 236
- 5 SMCs have been formed to monitor the essential activities and services in 5 schools
- BVD runs the Arogya Health Clinic in Tarachand Colony area catering to 15 people per day and provides OPD facility with a gynaecologist visit, six days a week