Project Ek Saal Aur
Plan India is looking to bring a turnaround in the situation of school drop-out of adolescent girls by creating an enabling environment within the community and family. The strategy is to empower the mothers of adolescent girls with awareness and knowledge, thus enabling them to influence the decision-making within the family, school and community for continuing the school education of adolescent girls.
Project Goal: To improve the awareness and knowledge on importance of education for adolescent girls in 10,000 mothers in 4 districts of UP, thus empowering mothers to promote girl's education by influencing decision-making within the family, school and community.
- To mobilise 10,000 women into Shiksha Mata Samuhas – each group with a membership of at least 10 Siksha Matas and federated at the district level.
- To increase the awareness and knowledge on the importance of education for adolescent girls in 1,000 Shiksha Mata Samuhas through mid-media and face to face behavioural change communication techniques.
- To increase awareness in 10,000 mothers and their adolescent daughters on government schemes and scholarships for promoting girl's education.
- To strengthen the capacity of 10,000 mothers to undertake village level advocacy for influencing the SMCs and Panchayati Raj institutions on promoting girl's education.
Key Result Areas:
- 10,000 mothers of adolescent daughters have improved knowledge, attitude and practice on the importance of girl's education.
- At least 10,000 adolescent girls of Siksha Mata Samuha members are enrolled in class 5-9 and continue their education in government schools.
- Kick off workshop was organised successfully with an objective to build capacity of staffs of the project.
- 10,000 women and their adolescent daughters have been identified and 1,000 women's groups have been formed with each group having at least 10 members.
- The field survey to know the knowledge, attitude and practice level of women and their daughters have been completed.