Programmes implemented in Balanagar and Qutbullapur Mandals
Plan India has been working (since 2005) in 32 urban slums of Balanagar and Qutbullapur Mandals reaching out to more than 32,500 families covering more than 22, 000 children (0-18 yrs). The programme works in 80 anganwadi centres and 32 government schools.
- 32 Child Protection Committees were formed and strengthened and are now linked to government child protection structures.
- 82 child forums were formed and strengthened.
- 322 children who are out of school are being supported through alternative coaching to complete class 10.
- 1,700 children are enrolled and accessing early child care and development through anganwadi centres.
- 2,329 children were immunised through government services.
- 1,609 children had their birth registered.
- 480 children participated in the Global Hand Wash Day celebrations.
- 10 government schools were supported with upgradation of WASH facilities.
- 311 young adults were given support with market oriented vocational training.