CCCD programmes in Plan intervention areas started in November 1999, i.e., Muzaffarpur, Sitamarhi and Vaishali. Presently, the project area covers 111 communities in all the three districts which also include urban slums and Red Light Area of Muzaffarpur. The programme supports 9,029 households with a population of 70,366 out of which 26,945 are children. 15 CPCs, 55 children's clubs and 53 SHGs are functional across the operational area.
- The number of expectant mothers prepared for safe delivery was 2,754.
- A total of 4,050 children below the age of 2 years were fully immunised with 719 children successfully supported against malnutrition.
- 3,064 new born children had their birth registered.
- 30,123 girls and boys attended schools and learning centres in the area out of which 15,144 were girls and 14,979 were boys.
- 72 schools declared themselves violence free with corporal punishment being banned.
- 264 children's clubs monitored essential services in their community.
- MOVT was given to 410 girls.
- 240 women were able to work their way out of poverty.