Madanpur Khadar is a village in South Delhi Tehsil and is inhabited by close to 15,000 families.
- There were a total of 1,264 birth registrations this year.
- Total children immunised during this year is 1,398.
- A total 317 dropout children has been mainstreamed this year.
- Counseling sessions with parents has been organised for decreasing dropout rates and to enrol children in formal education.
- During the year, 18 disabled children (8 boys and 10 girls) have been mainstreamed in formal school. Mainstreaming takes place after a yearlong process where children are supported through therapy and education according to their special needs through the Gyan Jyoti Kendras. During this period, the staff works with the parents and counsels them about their child’s condition and how it is important for the child to be mainstreamed.
- 49 children (29 boys and 20 girls) were linked up to Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Hospital and National Institute for Mentally Handicapped and disability certificates were issued to them.
- Out of 237 child deliveries, 189 were institutional.
- One CLTS model is functional in Madanpur Khadar. 3,600 users benefited in terms of provision of water, 2,700 in terms of provision of sanitation solutions and 3,000 in good hygiene practices. Each monitoring group earns approximately Rs 13,000/month.
- One rainwater harvesting system was constructed in one school
- Four SHGs have opened new bank accounts. At present, 20 SHGs are functional in the area and the total saving with SHGs is Rs. 4,67,758 (16 SHGs). The total inter-loaning in SHGs is Rs. 2,69,500