Khunti Sadar, Khunti
Our CCCD programme is being implemented in Khunti Sadar block of Khunti district comprising of 20 villages and 5 Panchayats. The households covered are 3,000 with total population of about 20,000.
- Five schools have been developed as model schools with infrastructural development and improving quality education.
- 2,500 patients have been treated for minor ailments in 25 health camps across 20 villages.
- 11 child resource centres have been developed comprising of 33 children's clubs.
- Three hand pumps have been installed in water scarce areas for ensuring availability of safe drinking water.
- 11 farmer clubs have been developed comprising of 285 farmers.
- 20 village level CPCs have been formed.
- Present enrolment rate in schools in the project area is 99% and drop-out rate is 6%.
- Child Rights Week observed through organising Bal Samagam at 12 schools and 5 Panchayats.
- 25 AWCs were supported with pre-school education kit.
- 720 pregnant mothers gave birth in a safe environment.
- 1,000 adolescent girls were trained in health and hygiene issues, nutrition, adolescent anaemia and life skill education.
- 11 SMCs have been formed and trained on roles and responsibilities of members and office bearers.