About Area: Kaptipada block is dominated by schedule tribes with a population of 1,02,222. 25 villages from the block are supported by Plan India and its local partner. Our programmes cover about 5,552 families averaging 4.6 (25,772) members. Around 1,100 families are from very deprived socio economic backgrounds and earning Rs 1,000 - Rs 2,000 per month. Agriculture is the primary occupation of the inhabitants along with a dependency on forest products.
- The organisation has formed 50 children's clubs with 4,752 members out of which 12 children clubs are ensuring essential services to have accessed by people in their communities. 25 adolescent girls groups with 450 members and 25 youth clubs comprising of 509 members are doing the same in their respective areas.
- The organisation has formed 25 farmers clubs and the representatives have undergone training on advanced agriculture and horticulture technology which has resulted in an increase in their agricultural production. 173 farmers have been supported with vegetable seeds for kitchen gardening.
- 25 SHGs have been formed comprising 297 women who are engaged in thrift and credit further.
- 57 adolescent girls have been trained on mushroom cultivation and have set up their own units.
- 15 SMCs have been formed. They are involved in school developmental plans, enrolment and regularity of eligible children, check drop outs and implementation of RTE (Right to Education Act) in the school especially to make violence free schools. As a result 10 schools have stopped corporal punishment.
- The organisation has facilitated in providing 769 birth registration certificates to the children with the support of the government.
- 25 CPCs with 375 members have been sensitised about their roles and responsibilities towards child protection in their respective area.