The operational area covers 240 villages of 90 Gram Panchayats. The population is around 65,000 including 26,000 children below the age of 18 years.
- Around 2,600 village representatives including parents, teachers and government workers have been trained on child protection and reporting mechanisms. In all the villages of the operational area, village CPCs have been formed and trained on child protection (90) committee. Around 2,540 children and adults participated in child protection week.
- 37 number of cases of child abuses has been reported to the institutions meant for reporting and re-dressal including village CPC, SMC and police and district level. 53% of these cases have been reported at the operational area.
- As a result in FY 14, a total number of 959 children (466 boys and 493 girls) were registered for birth and received birth certificates.
- 96.5% (912 out of 945) new born children were registered for birth in FY 14.
- Around 5,200 children below the age of 6 years are covered under ECCD programme.
- In 15 remote locations, PU Gairsain has supported local communities to run alternative child care and development centres known as balwadis, benefitting 200 children (102 girls and 98 boys).
- 239 children were identified as malnourished children in the area. Only two children were found to be severely malnourished. Out of these, 16 children were referred to higher medical facility for treatment. Supplementary nutrition was provided to 40 children with full recovery reported by all.
- 175 children suffering from major illnesses were linked with school health programmes and referred to higher facilities. Out of these, seven children were operated for surgical solutions and the remaining received medical treatment. 35 children were identified for eye surgery.
- 32 children with multiple disabilities were linked with district government hospitals. They have been registered for further treatment and disability certificates are issued to them.
- 1,857 pregnant women and their family members were counselled for the need of healthy and nutritious, importance of Tetanus vaccination, adequate rest, avoiding heavy work, identification of common danger signs and importance of institutional delivery.
- 946 pregnant women were prepared for safe deliveries by developing birth preparedness and complication readiness plans, out of which 615 women opted for institutional delivery and benefited from Janani Surksha Yojana and remaining were conducted by trained birth attendants.
- 164 women SHGs have been formed and strengthened having 2,652 members. 1,452 members have used inter loaning facilities till date.
- 50 youths were trained on how to get admitted in armed forces, including physical fitness sessions and educating them on various physical and paper requirements. 15 youths have been selected this year in armed forces adding to a total of 155 admitted youths.
- 20 boys were trained in hospitality management. Out of these 11 boys have got employment in the hotel industry. 84 girls participated in career planning workshops. These girls were assisted to identify the various diploma courses they were eligible to undertake.
- 64 children learnt how to identify food adulteration and develop safe and standard purchasing habits.
- 40 PU team members were trained in DRR response and school safety programmes.