Empowerment of Children Through Sports
Empowerment of Children Through Sports - Ensuring Right to Education and gender equality through Right to Play
Plan India works across five districts reaching out to 3,360 children directly through our project - Empowerment of Children through Sports. This project is aimed to ensure Right to Education in making schools child friendly and encouraging children out of school to enrol in schools through sports activities. Sport is the medium through which children and families are motivated and explained the importance of education.
- Through the project, sports activities have been initiated in schools through which the 3,360 children including 167 children with special needs participated in the sports sessions.
- 16 children identified and trained out of which one boy is selected for sports school.
- 127 volunteers with more than 60% girls have supported the project.
- Nine playgrounds were developed under the project with community contribution of more than Rs 23 lakhs.
- Various sports tournaments were conducted for the first time in remote villages of the target locations.