Bajju Kolayat Bikaner
Plan India is implementing CCCD programmes in Kolayat block of Bikaner and Baap block of Jodhpur district of Rajasthan since 1996. The PU is working in 71 villages which are spread over in 27 Panchayats (25 in Kolayat and 2 in Baap block). The total population of the PU area is 1,25,841 of which 47.32% are female. The population of children is 58,987, which includes 27,940 girls.
- Approximately 800 children and adolescent group leaders have been trained on protection issues, particularly on identifying potential risk and to seek support from CPCs, peers and other trustworthy people around them.
- 525 girls studying in Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya received training on safe and unsafe touch and ways to protect themselves in case they find anything suspicious. Judo and self-defence training sessions were also conducted for them.
- 46 village level CPCs which were in formation stages were formulised during the year. Additionally, 25 Gram Panchayat level CPCs were also formed under ICPS.
- 71 CPCs were strengthened and oriented on ICPS and Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2000. These committees have also developed local systems and mechanism for addressing protection issues in their respective villages.
- Complaint and suggestion boxes have been installed in 50 schools of project villages where children can drop grievances and suggestions for improvement.
- 243 Child Day Care (ICDS) Centres serve more than 22,000 children in the age group of 0-6 years. Out of these, 96 Child Day Care Centres falls in programme unit areas which provide ECCD services to 9,120 children, of which 49.29% are girls.
- All 171 schools have declared as "Violence Free Schools". No incidence of the corporal punishment has been reported in the area.
- 171 SMCs comprising 1,133 female, 1,261 male, 96 girls and 75 boys are functioning effectively in all the 171 schools in the area.
- Out of 3,125 pregnant women around 2,500 (80% of pregnant women) deliveries were conducted by trained nurses and doctors. As a result, no casualties were reported. The remaining 625 deliveries were attended by trained birth attendants.
- Almost 95% pregnant women received full ante-natal care, while 80% women got full post-natal care and additional 10% received partial check-ups.
- 568 Women's SHGs are functional with membership of 6,300 women.
- There are presently 380 children groups (85 children groups, 156 adolescent girls and 139 adolescent boys) with a membership of over 4,200 children, which are aware and demonstrating enhanced capacities on child protection issues. Now children can raise their voices through children's group.