Our work regions
Plan works in 25 states across India and has directly impacted the lives of more than a million children and their families.
The right to child protection guarantees to all children irrespective of their caste, class, gender and ethnicity protection from or against any perceived or real danger or risk to their life, their personhood and childhood by the state and civil society. The right to protection restricts the actions of others, primarily adults and older children, to cause any kind of harm, abuse and exploitation. It is about ensuring that no child falls out of the social security and safety net and, those who do, receive necessary care, protection and support of the law and communities.
- 300,00 school children benefited from sports for development, Building as Learning Aid (BALA), improved school WASH, digital learning, science labs and library in schools initiatives
- 60,000 people benefited from 75 anaemia screening and prevention camps in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Rajasthan
- 40,000 school going children, particularly adolescent girls, now have access to improved WASH facilities
- 28,000 community members trained on various aspects of child protection
- 30,000 people reached out to with disaster relief during floods in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Mumbai
- 34,000 women members of SHGs and joint liability groups have been trained for entrepreneurial and business skills, financial literacy and financial inclusion